Monday, August 15, 2005

Finally updating math problem to Constructor’s Corner

Seventy Seventh Post: Finally updating math problem to Constructor’s Corner

Today I read about “k” and what it means as a spring constant. It has to do with mechanical failures of machines. Math problems are just the same. You stretch them with numbers and eventually something in the “math machine” is going to give and the solution will be uncovered.

That is at least what I am hoping will happen. I have tried literally hundreds of attempts at finding a simple solution. None have been successful and I have learned I have been approaching the problem in the wrong way. I am going to post it on Constructors’ Corner so that my work will be recorded and maybe someone will see something I missed.

What is the problem. It has to deal with determining a circle from a square. It has many uses such as finding curves and describing graphs. The key factor here is that it is based on math below Calculus. I already have a hunch that it is possible, but before you, the reader, take the challenge of the problem, determine for yourself if you think a solution is possible. Even if we do not find a solution we might learn something and have fun calculating are theories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home