Monday, November 07, 2005

Friction Fire

One Hundred Sixty First Post: Friction Fire

I was at the hardware store yesterday and picked up the things I needed to complete the first experiment in “Caveman Chemistry.” It is mostly basic a 2 by 4 and a dial rod. The only thing is that I don’t have is the wood to ignite. The main ingredient, but I will try to ignite a ball of a couple of sheets of crumpled paper until I find suitable wood.

Fall is the time to clean out the shed or garage to get ready for winter. In doing so you come across all the old projects, gadgets you saved, or the things you couldn’t find to put anywhere else. In my shed I have magazines and sales flyers on a bookshelf. The rest of the shed is filed with tables and trunks. I want to build a little wood working area. I also never started my train set on the tables. I guess I’ll set the train around the Christmas tree.

Going through the sales flyers in the shed I have 2 or 3, "year old" RadioShack ones. I like RadioShack. Years ago some people didn’t like that they didn’t stock the popular brand names. They had Tandy and RadioShack labels. The good things about these products was that Tandy and the RadioShack label were made in the good old USA. I don’t know if they still are made in the USA, but there still are a lot of interesting things at RadioShack that can’t be found at other stores. (At least those that aren’t online.)

But as you clean your shed look for things that are interesting that are potential projects or something that didn’t quite work that you forget about. A couple of hours of cleanup could lead to months worth of projects. But until then.... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home