Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Vista is Good

Four Hundred First Post: Vista is Good (20080805)

In a previous Blog post (395) I said it wasn’t worth upgrading to Vista. The fact is this is not true. In November 2007 I bought a quad core PC. It came with Vista. So even though I read bad things about Vista, I felt I could always downgrade to XP. But I have been using Vista for 9 months and have had no problems with it.

The only program I can’t get to run is AutoCad 14 which is a Windows 95 program. I have not tried the free virtual machine that is available from Microsoft for free. Maybe it will work under the emulator.

I’ve also been listening to Leo Laporte a lot lately. He is asking people if Vista is really that bad. He says it is more secure and has a nice interface with improvements under the hood. I agree with him. When the Amazon Kindle came out it had bad review which was all from people who never used a Kindle. The same is true of the Playstation 3. Before I bought one I was looking at the Wii which I couldn’t get (but latter purchased). All I new about the Playstation was that it was expensive and had no games. But then I saw on YouTube a company was putting Yellow Dog Linux on the Playstation.

Well I ended up buying a PS3. And although it had a slow first year, it isn’t true that it doesn’t have good games. Try WarHawk, MGS4, Drake’s Fortune, Eye of Judgement, etc. So I guess marketing and public perception don’t always pick a product truthfully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home