Saturday, June 04, 2005

Ultimate Graphics job

Fourth Post 06-04-05: Ultimate Graphics job

When I was in my MOS training (job training) in the Army Reserves, we were learning to make basic graphics both with hand tools and the computer. I was a 25M or "multimedia illustrator." Sounds fancy, but it just means graphic artist.

If you were to ask any of the course instructors what artistic job they would want to do, they would reply special effects for movies. They were all excellent artist and would have made good special effects artist.

But this was back in 1997 when computer graphics (3D effects) were still relatively young. I bet none of my instructors wanted a job in the game industry then (or knew much about them), but today with all the 3D graphics, concept art, animation, and video put into video games it would be a great alternative to the movie industry. And most likely easier to get a job position.

Special effects in movies is a dream position. But if given the alternative of working in the game industry, that is a position I would love to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home