Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A few more math tricks up my sleeve

Seventy Eighth Post: A few more math tricks up my sleeve

Today I posted a math problem on Constructors Corner that I have no solution to. I didn’t like the write-up either. There were good ideas proposed there but none work. But as a have written before a good problem is equally good as a solution. I hope that the write-up is clear enough were you, the reader, will be able to tinker with it yourself.

I have pretty much exhausted my efforts on this problem for now, but I have one more proposed solution up my sleeve. A math technique which just might solve this problem using elementary mathematics. Or the proposed solution might lead to another equation that leads to infinite solutions. (the dreaded 0 = 0). So don’t let the fact the problem isn’t easily solved on first inspection deter you from trying to find a solution.

I don’t want to revile my last card until I am sure if it works or doesn’t work. So until then keep posted to Constructor’s Corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home