Sunday, February 12, 2006

Benefits of being an Amateur

Two Hundred Fifty Eighth Post: Benefits of being an Amateur

There are tons of people studying in the art, engineering, and design fields. The art field is vast in itself with careers ranging from comics to animation to 3D design, game art, and film. Everything from toys, products, magazine formats, advertisements need designed. The engineer is lucky because their field lets them get into the ideas to something tangible. The fields are interesting and there are many of who want to get into the field the question is: How?

I admit I have no idea how to get into any of these industries. I know the best and traditional way to start is to get an education. But once you are proficient and feel your skills are valuable, how do you get that dream job. That is a job which you get paid to do your passion.

From my reading and a little web surfing, I know that most of the pros weren’t discovered overnight. But they have on thing in common. Most of them started as amateurs doing what their “passion” and waited to that day they got discovered. So all the work that is done as a hobby or in free time is as valuable as those days spent in classes. You need work to show.

I admit I don’t know how to get into the industries. But it is something I am going to research. If anyone out there works in any fields or any other type of work, you can email me at trurlthe_constructor@hotmail.com

I use Google Local to find jobs that I may not know existed in my area. Simple but it is effective. I will research these dream jobs and try to have some interesting information in a future Blog post. But until your portfolio is discovered and you land that dream job... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home