Saturday, February 04, 2006

Super Bowl

Two Hundred Fiftieth Post: Super Bowl

Well the Schwan man never came to my house last week, so I don’t have any wings for the big game. I just might stop at Subway and get some subs instead. As far as the Steelers go they are going to win. I just don’t have anymore creative ways to put it. They have Passion. I might make a graphic or something special after they win. That is Passion... abbreviation for Pittsburgh Assassin. Pittsburgh is going crush the Sea Hawks.

It may be of interest that Macgyver is going to do a Super Bowl commercial. I haven’t seen it, but look for it Sunday. Speaking of Macgyver like things, my copy of Make vol. 05 finally came in the mail today. I have only briefly thumb through it. One interesting topic was how to sculp and model your own models. Sounds cool, but would require some skills.

I like Make because of the projects. Sometimes being an amateur science enthusiast, you are left without projects. I mean you have your own little projects and things that you tinker with, but you lack resources and knowledge of involved, professional work. Imagine the “Manhattan Project” with the scientists not knowing about uranium or E = MC2. You need some knowledge and a problem to work towards. Make isn’t the most advanced scientific publication, but it has projects for everyone. It is these projects that get the “maker” working on a meaningful project. It is a great place to start.

I will talk about resources for amateurs in a future post. But until Pittsburgh “assassinates” Seattle... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home