Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Layers

Two Hundred Forty Seventh Post: Layers

I have used the “layers” option in HTML for my website, Constructor’s Corner, once. I don’t know if it is a standard convention. With most sites using tables to align graphics for a simple and fast way of creating a graphic site. The thing about using layers is that you don’t have to use tables can place the graphics anywhere. I am wondering how many sites use layers. It is not a subject that is written on the design techniques I read.

I’m still thinking about the eye glass idea. The lense would probably have to be in the shape of the eye’s lense (corrected), instead of just bending light to the fit the eye’s focus point. Unfortunately shaping the eye glass lense into such shape, you couldn’t move your eye to see you would have to move your entire head. It still may work for a contact lense however. Similar to how they shape the lense of the eye in laser surgery.

I believe that with regular eye glasses the lense is over compensating for the eyes magnification level. If the light including ambient light didn’t interfere with the retinas image, the user wouldn't need as strong of prescription. However other than a contact I don’t know of a way to do this.

Speaking of contacts, instead of laser surgery, wouldn’t it be easier to stamp out custom fitted lenses out of plastic than to change the shape of the eye’s lense. Contacts have their limitations also, but there are much easier to be shaped to the eye than glasses.

Well everyone should be getting ready for the Super Bowl. I bet it is going to be hard to order pizza with the big demand. I probably just stay home and watch the game. Maybe play Madden06 before the game. It is a good day for a football tournament. Well until the Steelers crush the Sea Hawks... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home