Sunday, January 22, 2006

Here We Go Steelers!

Two Hundred Thirty Seventh Post: Here We Go Steelers!

Here we go! As everyone knows by now the Steelers beat Denver. And they will go onto the Super Bowl and beat the Sea Hawks. I have never seen Seattle play. They are a west coast team and other than the playoffs the games aren’t televised here. But with the Steelers capable of both a pass or run offense and it being Bettis’s home we will see some good Steelers football. I will tell you why the Steelers will win in a future post. There is a while before the Super Bowl. This game was just won.

Here is a question I ask on www.scienceforums.net . Let me know what you think. Has anyone who reads this Blog had any design experience? Let me know on the message board or email me at: trurlthe_constructor@hotmail.com Even if you’re an amateur like me, what projects do you do. Meaning models, video games, drawing, experiments, math, or some type of engineering inventing little things.

Here it is:

I know that engineers have many different duties, but I am concerned with research. First, how do you show progress with inventing something new. I mean as an amateur I do little projects and sometimes they don't work and all I have is scrap paper with some math on it. How do you show progress to keep the research going.

And the second problem I face as an amateur (doing my own small (very small) projects) is finding projects that are worthwhile and have enough information. I mean those things you would probably have given on a job, but wouldn’t think of otherwise. Something like the scientists of the Manhattan Project knowing e = mc2 but not having the access to Uranium or know what kind of plane would deliver the bomb.

I think that’s why amateurs are often forced to reinvent the wheel which may or may not lead to a discovery. Still it would be difficult to invent something new without having the right problem and conditions. So with that do you guys have any advice for amateurs? How would you guys set up a small design project?

How would you answer the question? I will talk more about it in a future post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home