Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Is wifi junk?

Seventh Post 06-07-05: Is wifi junk?

Wifi is supposed to be great. You surf from where ever you want. There are hot spots so that you can surf away from the connection.

But I have had no luck with wifi. I can’t even surf in the next room let alone down the street. They have hackers that track wifi connections. I bet that they couldn’t detect mine. I have the receiver in the same room as the computer and still don’t get a signal of a 100%. So I bought an antenna that has a range of ten miles with direct line of site. It is junk too. I was at a hotel with wifi and it didn’t work either.

I saw in a magazine that one alternative to areas that didn’t have broadband was to place relays along the telephone poles to spread the signal across the town. Sounds like a pretty good idea, but can wifi get the job done?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home