Sunday, July 03, 2005

Writing Poems

Thirty Third Post: Writing Poems

Writing poems is harder than you think at first inspection. Not only must it be an artistic format, it must convey a message and have a meaning. It needs an underlining theme and must express complex meaning through plain words. So it is more than just rhyming words. It is describing thoughts, emotions, and telling a story.

Where does a person start when trying to write one? Start by choosing a theme or story that you wish to describe. Write down what it makes you feel and what other people think about it. Then just write about the subject briefly without trying to rhyme. Then go back and add you artistic signature by adding a format to your work.

This may not be the best method, but it is a place to start. I have tried to make poems in the past and it has proven difficult. I was able to rhyme words, but I did not capture a theme the way I intended. I have decided to write until I am happy with my work. You can look for it at: www.constructorscorner.com .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home