Saturday, June 25, 2005

Reading About Einstein

Twenty Fifth Post: Reading About Einstein

I have recently read two chapters of “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Understanding Einstein.” Now I know enough to talk about Einstein as if I were a complete idiot. LOL Only kidding. The book is excellent and reveals many truths about Einstein, his discoveries, and his personality.

The book simplifies theories and is easy to understand, but the reader is still able to learn a lot. But I just don’t want to review the book, I want to ask the question of why it takes so long for students to learn about the true Einstein and his theories.

What I mean is: why in basic physics, only general things about Einstein and relativity are taught. Basically in college you would have to be a physics major to learn anything detailed about him. I know his theories are difficult to understand and complete courses are dedicated to try to begin to understand the implications of relativity and a unified theory of physics, but it would be nice to have a basic course on Einstein even in high school. Some course that would make a more involved study of Einstein easier to understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home