Saturday, August 20, 2005

Making Money from Web Sites and some other stuff

Eighty Second Post: Making Money from Web Sites and some other stuff

Ever try to make money from a web site or promote your business or sell a service? It isn’t very easy to do. With millions of the same web sites it is hard enough to get traffic on your personal website let alone a business.

I am writing about this because I just listened to Buzz net Internet radio show from www.3dbuzz.com. They have a dilemma of how to offer free content and still maintain enough income to pay for the business. The problem occurred because people are using the site and not supporting it. Which is bad because they offer learning products much cheaper and convenient than traditional education. It is a great source to learn who to do 3D models and make video games.

My proposed solution would be to have a $5 to $10 dollar a month content charge a month and then offer learning packages that can be purchased. I’m sure they have their own ideas though. They are trying to get into online classes. The only problem with 3D Buzz is that it requires broadband. It would be nice to purchase learning packages on cd. I write about 3D buzz here because they are a great place to learn at a cheap price. Unfortunately, I have dial-up and cannot download most of the classes. I can only use the message boards.

On another note, I was reading Exploring 3D Modeling with 3DS Max 7 and noticed a picture of Pittsburgh’s Smithfield Street Bridge done by an Art Institute student. The picture showed a good view of the city, but I do not have an image to scroll around in. I believe the bridge is a little over a hundred years old. It has excellent architecture design. That is probably why the student chose it.

In a few days I may add something to the math problem I recently posted. When you work on the problem it appears impossible, but when you look at the given it seems there has to be a basic math solution somewhere. Any way, what I have may not work. But until then: May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home