Sunday, March 26, 2006

Half Life Headaches

Three Hundredth Post: Half Life Headaches

I installed Half Life 2 just to find you have to be online when completing levels. My game crashes as the second area loads. It may be an issue with the firewall, but making players be online is uncalled for. I was just learning the story and admiring the graphics when it crashes. Another reason for crashing could be my graphics card. It is integrated graphics. I think it is 32 meg card.

This reminds me of when I first started on the computer. Playing a game was impossible. There were settings for music, sound effects, graphics, IRQ settings, and DMA channels. I’m glad we still don’t have to deal with those, but as more and more software and games only allow 2 installs and require to authorize over the Web, there is new issues. That is why when you get your computer running the way you want with all the programs installed your use a program like Norton Ghost to back up your entire hard drive.

One FPS that I have been waiting for is Prey. It is about a Native American heritage guy who takes on a role of a hero although he doesn’t want it. It is a one person game, but it adds elements such as changing gravity (walls become floors), out of body experience, and portals that are rooms of their own. This is just a summary of what I read in PC Gamer. I have been waiting for this game for months.

I’m still tinkering with the math, but not too hard. I’ve got to figure out how to use my new calculator. I also want to study a few sections of linear algebra every day. This is my 300th post. Topics are getting harder. I think I covered every way to try to be more creative. (LoL) I got to be sure that I’m not repeating the same topics. If I hadn’t decided to post every day, I would have lost a lot of great ideas. Often I wouldn’t come up with an idea until I started writing it. It was sort of a writing exercise and a way to add something new to the site each day. I’m not finished yet. If you have any feedback leave it on the message board as always.

But until I reach post 365... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home