Monday, March 20, 2006

Vex Robot

Two Hundred Ninety Fourth Post: Vex Robot

Well I finally finished building my Vex robot today. It took me three months. I don’t know why it took so long. I was just busy on other projects. But on the Vex website there is different design contests. The most current one is to have the robot throw a baseball at least 5 feet.

When working with robots things that are assumed about movement are found to be complex movements with robots. The first thought that comes to mind is to build a catapult or some sort of launcher. That would be ideal but in the contest a person is not allowed to touch the baseball and that includes loading the baseball. So right now, the movement of lifting a baseball has become a complex task.

I admit I see no easy way to build a robot that throws a baseball given just the basic robot kit pieces. However, I could be making the simple more complicated than it really is. A bet it has a simple solution and it will be a simple solution that wins.

The Vex robot system is great for young scientist. Of course even us big kids can enjoy it. So until we build the next unmanned, space robot... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home