Monday, March 13, 2006

Still more arched doorway

Two Hundred Eighty Seventh Post: Still more arched doorway

I have found another way to estimate or arrive at a value for the arched doorway without knowing the radius. It will be explained in the second page of the mathematical hunches on Constructor’s Corner. I have to type it up and that will take a day or two. But stay posted it works and is definitely worth reading.

I was looking at values of comic books today. I have an Amazing Spiderman 361 which is the first issue Carnage was introduced. It is worth $38 to $75 depending on the grade. I don’t know what the grade is, but it makes it worth more. I am guessing it is the condition.

I don’t collect comics for money anyways. I just read an article in Wizard magazine that back in the old days of comics they didn’t even save most of their original work. Nobody considered the value.

But back to Amazing Spiderman 361, it is were Carnage first appeared. I think that it marks the end of the Spiderman series. Adding another symbiote was not a good idea. Carnage is drawn well, but the way he was implemented didn’t make for good stories. Of course when this issue came out comics were huge. But poor stories and spanning the stories across too many comic books cause readers to lose interest.

There is still a large following for comics. Some like the art and others like the stories. The art is some of the most creative art that covers all aspects. A scene could be drawn in a day that would take months of computer graphics or special effects to create. Comic art is still one of the best ways to tell a story. And some of the plots are classics. The comic books really describe the heros and gave them personalities. The comics have changed for the better. Some allow artist and writer to have rights to the characters. I think that there have been many changes the has helped new characters and a new creative works.

But until you see my comic book collection on sell on E-bay... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home