Monday, June 13, 2005

Norton Ghost is good

Thirteenth Post 06-13-05: Norton Ghost is good

The motherboard to my laptop recently had to be replaced. But to be sure it was the motherboard, I had to do a complete restore of the hard drive. This means all my files and programs had to be erased. Something that would take weeks to reinstall.

Fortunately, I had recently backed up my complete hard drive with Norton Ghost. The only thing I had to do was install Norton Ghost, hit restore, and follow the restore wizard’s instructions. I had 30 gigabit of information to restore. It only took around 35 minutes. That’s 1 gigabit a minute!

This was the Norton Ghost 2003 edition, and it works fantastically. If you, the reader, has a lot of files, they should be back up on disk or separate disk. And to restore programs and files without taking weeks to install them individually, that is where Norton Ghost should be used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home