Monday, July 11, 2005

Favorite Equation

Forty First Post: Favorite Equation

A collection of equations is like any other collections in that you have your sets, combinations, decorations, and of course you have your favorites. May be your favorite solves the answers to the world or maybe it is a simple one that has many uses. It could be an explanation about shapes because geometry is your area of expertise. It can be a matrices that describes an encryption or adds to form a magic square. What ever your favorite equation is I bet you know it off by heart and enjoy deriving it among peers.

In case you are wondering I don’t know what me favorite equation is. There are just so many to chose from, and they all have their pros and cons. I prefer working with geometry. I have a special fondness of trigonometry and its triangles. But I also like physics’ formulas (the ones that I can understand) and how its formulas describe our world. There is just so many to choose from that I haven’t chosen my favorite. I have the ones I use often, but haven’t looked up the value of my rarest card. (as in a baseball card collection)

One of my favorite problems is the arc door problem that is on www.constructorscorner.com . One of my favorite equations is the arc length one used to solve it. I am also working on a square that solves the same problem. If it works, it will probably be one of my most favorite equations. If I am not able to solve it I will post it to the site so that someone could possibly solve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home