Thursday, August 25, 2005

Looking for design projects in all the right places

Eighty Seventh Post: Looking for design projects in all the right places

I have been looking for design projects that require a little more than a first look. So, this post has to deal with where to find good design projects. I am looking for projects in a book. I am looking for the sort of book that would be used as an undergraduate design program. I am also interested in taking a design course over the Internet, but haven’t found any such classes, yet.

The problem is other than art classes design course are harder to find over the Internet. This challenges us as designers to be more creative and find our own problems. It isn’t a fact that us, you, the reader, and me, as designers cannot find a problem or challenge, it is that we are looking for the right problem that challenges and interests us. I have found websites that have projects and a few books such as the magazine Make, but I still hope to find a design book that offers programs or a course on the web.

But when a specific the ideal design resource is yet to be found you must make your own. I have a lawn tractor that has a working engine. I want to take it apart, but it back together, and see how things work and see if there is any way I could make it better. Design projects are everywhere. The designer just has to put the elements in the right order. So the right book can’t be found. Make you own design exercises and projects. Write your own design book or create a website. We are going to design!

As far as my current math project, developments are slow. I am going to be working on other math problems, but this one is good to but on the site of the drawing board. But in the mean time I will be searching for design resources on the web. And May the Creative Force be with You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home