Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Screen Savers and Engines

One Hundred Twenty Eighth Post: Screen Savers and Engines

I have discovered a freeware program called “Vital Desktop” which allows the user to put a screen saver in their desktop wallpaper. It adds a nice little touch to the desktop. I don’t know the website it’s from, but you could always put it into a search engine.

As I have mentioned before, I have a lawn tractor that has a broken transmission but has a good engine. I want to remove the engine and have it run by itself and maybe tweak it a little. I am starting my study with a simple small engine repair book. The information is presented simple enough but it shows what the tinker needs to know when working with small engines.

I am also experimenting with RSS feeds. Not on my sites but I am subscribing to other sites. There is an article on about in PC Magazine that is how I finally found out what RSS was.

I have the solution ready for the gear puzzle. I just have to draw up some graphics and write a description. I am working on it now. I hope that enough people have had a chance to solve it. I will put the solution in steps so that you, the viewer, can work through it and work along.

I have downloaded the trial version of Alias’s “Sketchbook Pro” and compared it to “Painter” version 7. Painter is much more vast with more options and tools. Sketchbook is nice but pricey. Sketchbook is designed especially for graphic tablets and gives the user freedom from the mouse. I prefer Painter, but it’s the user’s decision.

Not much new covered today... but until then.... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home