Saturday, October 01, 2005

HowToons show how + Some “Gear Puzzle” Hints

One Hundred Twenty Fourth Post: HowToons show how + Some “Gear Puzzle” Hints

I first saw Howtoons in Make magazine. It was excellent. It is a cartoon that teaches science and design. It is easy to think up the concept of teaching science in cartoon strips, but difficult to execute. Cartoons themselves are difficult to make and adding a lesson in science just makes it harder. They can be found at http://www.instructables.com/howtoons. This just shows the diversity of comics. There are a bunch of science experiments and with an ability to describe the steps and add a funny twist, there are endless comics to be made.

I recently put a simple “gear puzzle” on Constructors Corner. My first hint (I will be posting hints soon on the site.) is to try to wire the cylinders in a straight line. So the cylinder that is 180 degrees is connected to the original cylinder. There are more hints, but I only want to lead the reader in the right direction instead of just giving away the answer.

In the following months, I want to add a large Flash site to Calculated-Curves. And for Constructor’s Corner I want to add a portfolio. I am still working on these things. In the mean time the seasons are changing. I have some good fall pics I took years back that really show the changing of the trees. Unless you have a top of the line camera with the right lenses, it is hard to always get the right shot. Most of us have the usually digital camera whose zoom range is limited. So it is a little more difficult to get the perfect shoot. Remember what you see isn’t always what the camera sees. What is seen in the view finder is the area the camera is pointing, but sometimes the focus point is different. Well until then... May the Creative Force be with you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home