Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Max as a CAD

One Hundred Eighty Fourth Post: Max as a CAD

There needs to be a plugin for Max to add some more CAD features. Max shares a lot of features with CAD now. It is a sort of 3D CAD, but some things such as plotting, dimensioning, and page format are missing. AutoDesk, the company that produces Max, probably doesn’t want to market a product that would have the same features as some of the other software packages it has.

I talk about this feature because I am using Max to make a technical drawing. It makes it easier to draw because you see the part in 3D and it is easier to change the values of the drawings dimensions. So far the program has worked great. I am learning more features as I go. The only problems that occurred were mistakes in how I imagined the drawing and how it has to work. Max help me find those errors.

Only 24 days to Christmas. And only 23 shopping days and less if it has to be delivered. But until Christmas gets here... May the Creative Force and Holiday Spirit be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home