Sunday, November 20, 2005

Advertising with Online Auctions

One Hundred Seventy Fourth Post: Advertising with Online Auctions

I have been surfing auctions (Ebay and Amazon) and have found that if you have a business or a website auctions can be a great place to advertise and get business. This is nothing new. Every seller on Ebay knows that. But I want to look at this and see what it means for an artist testing the water to see how their art will sell.

I have seen such art up for sale. All you have to do is search “original art” or “original comic art.” Then switch the order from price low to high. Now you can bid on some pretty interesting auctions. Lots of stuff starts at less that $1, but be aware of the shipping.

Now this is the perfect media for a starting or amateur artist. Not only can they promote their site, but can have fun and earn a little cash. Just post an item and hundreds or thousands of people see you work and learn about your site and what you do.

I haven’t tried it yet myself, but is something I have considered. Think about it. And May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home