Saturday, November 26, 2005

Perpetual Motion

One Hundred Eightieth Post: Perpetual Motion

There is a lot of interest in motion from Newton’s Laws to Einstein’s Relativity. It may be surprising to note that much about motion is based on perception. This is who animation works. It has frames that are viewed at a fast rate to they appear to move. But there is one thing about motion that I wonder if you have experienced.

I used to fish with my father as a young boy. After we were at the lake for awhile and nothing was bitting I would watch the water. After a while the ground where I was sitting appeared to be moving with the water. It was sort of an illusion, but I felt the motion. Preparing to leave, getting in the car, the land felt like it was moving and it took a while to wear off before the sensation was gone. The feeling can be compared to watching an IMAX move where the scene pans and you feel motion. It is just an odd thing I was thinking of and I wonder how many people experience this.

Back to my workout. I have to do some reps with the dumbbells. I’m almost finished, just have to do some curls. But until then... May the Creative Force and Holiday Spirit be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home