Friday, December 16, 2005

Collections Stored Away

Two Hundredth Post: Collections Stored Away

It is close to Christmas and along with the regular gifts I intend to go through the little toys and baseball cards that I have collected over the years. Some of the stuff is a collectable, but not worth a lot of money. I don’t know the value of most of the toys and cards. That isn’t the point. You can no longer buy toys like those. It is just something to interest the one who gets the present.

Speaking of old toys there is a trend of restoring and customizing them. You see this in “Wizard Magazine” and on some web sites. Personally I would not customize my action figures. I like them in their original form, but it still sounds interesting.

When you give away some old baseball cards or comics you are starting a new hobby with the person you gave it to. I have 15 year old baseball cards that aren’t worth much. That was the collecting trend of the time. Now card shops are sparse. I should have collected comics. Not just for the value they have but for the good stories. Of course when collecting comics was big, the makers made the reader buy 4 books a month just to get the entire story. I don’t know what kids collect today. It is probably something Pokemon.

But until you spend hundreds of dollars on collectables that don’t hold there value... May the Creative Force and Holiday Spirit be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home