Saturday, December 31, 2005

Political Cartoons

Two Hundred Fifteenth Post: Political Cartoons

I am a fan of political cartoons. I once saw one of President Clinton getting into Air Force One and it had the “Playboy” rabbit symbol on it. LOL I think I still have it. If I do I’ll scan it in. I read the Pittsburgh Post Gazette and they have a good cartoonist: Rob Rogers.

The reason behind the comics is that I am starting a graphic challenge on Constructor’s Corner. So far I only have one idea. It is to have the reader draw a political cartoon. This one’s caption reads: “I told you I didn’t take her money... It was the one armed bandit”. This is a reference to the movie “The Fugitive.”

The thing here is that it is a little hard to portray in a single cartoon frame. Also I have tried to make a drawing and it is difficult. The point of trying to draw new ideas, get feedback, and have fun still exist.

So far I am still designing the graphics so it will start just a basic web page with plain text. I also have a picture I want to share of Turbo Cad 3D. This program is 11 years old and it shows how 3D got started. This was a really great program and advanced for its time. It was affordable too. Unfortunately IMSI (the company behind Turbo Cad) hasn’t made another app that is comparable to this one.

The New Year also marks the end of the MakeShift 04 challenge. I will be posting my solution to the problem in the following weeks. But in the meantime Have a Happy New Year! ..... and May the Creative Force and Holiday Spirit be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home