Thursday, December 22, 2005

My Grab Bag

Two Hundred Sixth Post: My Grab Bag

This is the time when school is out for vacation and at some schools which still have it there is a gift exchange. This is a fun thing, but sometimes with kids things don’t always go as planned. When I was in first grade we had gift exchange. Of course you know the kids are going to pick the biggest, most nicely wrapped box. The teacher told us many times to read the label before unwrapping it. Of course I didn’t notice I was one of the first to choose between gifts. And I had a good find of the nicest wrapped present there was. So I went back to my seat and opened it. I don’t know if it was the expression on my face or my pause to lift it out of the box, because the teacher was now yelling at me. She said, “I told you to read the label and you didn’t listen! You just opened your own gift didn’t you!” To make the story short she exchanged the gift with another student and I ended up getting a cool Ewok action figure. But as I learned always read the name tag.

I have been using my C++ cds from 3dbuzz.com . So far I reviewed what I knew. It is easy to forget if you haven’t programmed in a while, but it comes back fast. The thing about these learning videos is that it teaches game programming. That is hard to find in books let alone video.

Just a short post, but until you unwrap someone’s present accidently because you didn’t read the tag... May the Creative Force and Holiday Spirit be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home