Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas is Here

Two Hundred Second Post: Christmas is Here

Today is one week until Christmas 2005. But my family exchanged gifts today. I got a karaoke machine, iBook ipod speakers, an art set, some clothes, and some other little things. I also gave some good presents. I finally gave my dad the scroll saw I had bought 4 months ago. Now we can work on some wood projects. I got some boots for my mom. They are the right size length wise, but are impossible to get your feet in. I’ll have to return those with the ipod speakers that I gave both my parents. It turned out they bought something similar and easier to use.

Christmas isn’t just about the presents. It is about people getting together to celebrate. There isn’t many times each year we get together or send a card other than Christmas. Still getting and giving gifts is fun. And when you see someone using and enjoying a gift that is when you know how much your gift meant. It shows it was intended just for that person. Although there can be mistakes and things that need return. But then it is “the thought that counts.” And that holds true.

One cool thing I got is “Garth Brooks: The Limited Series,” because you can’t get those tracks on the web. I also got Macgyver seasons 3 and 4. So lots of stuff to play with and little projects to create. Heck, I might even sell the cd I make with karaoke. Or maybe not.

Story time: Once in grade school a got a “U” in music. It is the lowest grade meaning “unsatisfactory.” The teacher said it was because I never would sing. My friend joked with me that I would be a singer at a concert and the music would play and my lips would move, but there would be no vocals. No singing, it would just be me lip singing. Of course, this is common today there are a lot of lip singers, but they use recorded vocal. I would use nothing, it would be me not singing the live version. So it is ironic I like karaoke.

Well I hope you have a great holiday. And remember you can always share your stories on the message board. But until you wait in line returning gifts... May the Creative Force and Holiday Spirit be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home