Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Quick BASIC

Two Hundred Twelfth Post: Quick BASIC

I am really impressed with the artist of the daily comic strips in the newspaper and the political cartoons also. I have trouble thinking of a theme and joke for one comic let alone to have a series of them every day of the week. I know with current events and the Internet there are always new ideas, but I don’t think it would be any easier to create a good joke.

Myself, I am trying to create an almanac of ideas here on my Blog. I am a little over half way through as of this 212th post. It is often a challenge to blog about new ideas and make sure you haven’t repeated any blogs. Currently I now have 118 pages of posts.

Ok. I looked up “Quick BASIC” up on the net. It is packaged on the Windows 95 disk. To find it browse the disk and look for “OTHER\OLDMSDOS.” It still runs in Windows XP although I don’t know why. Once it is found, search the net for games. I found the gorilla game on http://www.qbcafe.net/english/ . It is simple compared to today’s games but fun no less. The “Gorilla” game is basic physics where gorillas throw bananas at each other.

So until you become an expert in retro game programming.... May the Creative Force and Holiday Spirit be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home