Monday, March 27, 2006

Camilla no I want Camilla

Three Hundred First Post: Camilla no I want Camilla

I was looking to buy a couch or chair for reading and relaxing. I looked at Lay-Z-Boy and found a Camilla style chair that I liked very much. The only problem is that it is to short for me to lay down in. So I decided to try other stores. I did a web search for Camilla. As you may have guessed the search came up with Prince Charles’ wife, Camilla. LoL. **A bunch of Jay Leno jokes here.**

Still it is hard to find a couch that is wide enough to lay across and still conserve space in the room. Who is designing these things anyway? That is questioned when an average man 68 to 72 inches can’t fit in the couch. And you have to find the one you want because they cost so much. Although it is worth it to get it delivered. When I moved my families living room couch with my brother-in-law it must have weighed 400 lbs without the backs. It bowed in the middle also. For some reason they built a long heavy couch which is impossible to lift and they left out a middle support.

Another thing I am looking for over the net is Windows XP profiles. A friend told me a great way to speed up you games and save resources it to have different profiles such as a regular one and one for games. Must be like making a boot disk in the old days. I have to explore this further.

I am also glad Windows Vista was delayed until sometime 2007. XP has proven itself to be a great OS. It is defiantly the best Windows ever. But there is a question of what advantages Vista offers other than a new look, some widgets, and code changes we won’t even see. Also why 2 versions? One being 64 bit and the other 32. If I am going to upgrade all my software I want the latest 64 bit or dual core processor technology to be taken advantage of. However I think if Vista remains 32 bit and the programs still run on XP there will be no hurry to upgrade.

So until Microsoft makes us upgrade... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home