Saturday, May 13, 2006

Constructor’s Corner to the Infinite Power

Three Hundred Forty Eighth Post: Constructor’s Corner to the Infinite Power

Today I finally got broadband. It is the satellite receiver. There have been many technology upgrades to satellite. Besides there will never be cable or DSL in my area. Satellite was only $25 a month more than dial up. I have been told there is some lag with FPS games. I want to try the role playing such as Star Wars Galaxies and City of Heroes.

What does broadband mean for Constructor’s Corner. It means that I will be able to increase the multimedia content such as Flash and movies. The site will still be designed to work fast but certain areas will have larger files.

Good news since I posted the “Parabola Key” math problem on Constructor’s Corner, I was wondering if it held true for all values. Well today I graphed it on my calculator to test larger values and it does work. I now that the vertex of x^2+8x+16 is at (- 4,0). However if you take a relative x distance from the vertex it works every time. The x value being the chord and the y value being the radius. I know the values of the radius get bigger fast when dealing with large numbers, but remember we are working with chords. The whole theory is quite impressive.

Well I know they say baseball cards have lost their value. But since the popularity is down now, today’s cards may be worth a lot in 60 years. (LOL) Maybe some baseball cards will make it to my contest prizes.

But until I reach the end of the Internet... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home