Thursday, May 25, 2006

Tangled Network

Three Hundred Sixtieth Post: Tangled Network

Well I was getting a 54% signal from my house to the neighbors. Today when I tried again I couldn’t get a steady signal. It could be the way I had the router set. It can be a router, a network, or a bridge. After I switched the settings I couldn’t get it to read the IP address.

I am researching settings to make the signal go about 500 ft. and still be strong. I have read about passive repeaters which is basically 2 antennas connected together to transmit a signal. I don’t know the science behind it. I want it to magnify the signal, but I don’t know if it can be used in that way.

I was reading the MakeShift 06 Challenge. This one has a bit more freedom as far as equipment to work with, but the fact that the details aren’t filled in for you makes it more challenging.

Well it is back to networking, but in the meantime... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home