Monday, May 22, 2006

The Parabola Code

Three Hundred Fifty Seventh Post: The Parabola Code

Now the movie The Da Vinci Code is huge across movie theaters. I am unfamiliar with the book and movie. Is there an actual code behind the theories or is it just a work of fiction? I saw in the preview that Tom Hanks character had a cylinder that had numbers and letters on it. Even if the story is just fiction, it does manage to present some interesting questions.

In 1997 there was a book that I think was called The Bible Code. Supposedly as the author proposed, there was a mathematical code behind the Bible. At the time I wasn’t interested in any code. But is there any code that supports any truth to either book that can be explained and summarized just as any other math theory?

Speaking of codes if you are familiar with Constructor’s Corners math problems, you have seen the Parabola Circular Key problem. There is a reason why I called it the parabola key and that is because I thought that it could be used for encryption. This is not my area of expertise and I would have to research it. However, I thought that maybe if someone was interested in the contest on Constructor’s Corner that they could use the parabola (and how it relates to a circle) to create a hidden code. It is something to think about.

But until then... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home