Sunday, May 14, 2006

Networking

Three Hundred Forty Ninth Post: Networking

Today we put an encryption key on the router, so that I was not giving broadband to the whole area. It is quit simple to do. Well the router has a range of 400. And it does do that easily even through walls. But a design problem was presented. I want the signal to reach 450 feet to another house. (Encrypted of course) We figured the best way to do that was through router to access point. So the wireless access point would look for signals and not just relay them. Admittedly, networking is not my thing. I am not sure of the setup. It is something that takes some research and figuring out the correct settings.

Oh, I am going to add some more math to Constructor’s Corner. A fifth way to solve the “Arched Doorway” problem will be added. Hopefully it sparks some interest in the art/math contest.

Anyway, I was hoping you could network with your friends and tell them about the contest.

But until then... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home