Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wii Weeviewed

Three Hundred Eightieth Post: Wii Weeviewed

I had a chance to see the Nintendo Wii for about 10 minutes. I was not impressed. Now it could be since I’m older now and not much into most video games. But my disappointment was with the controller. I swung the sword and Link only makes to different types of sword swings. I wanted a 3D sword swing that matched my exact sword moves. One liked I wrote about in the “Math Hunches” section of Constructor’s Corner. To me the movement did not enhance the game compared to a regular controller. First off, the enemies attach fast and they should be slowed down to give the player more time to swing the controller. I feel that the game play could be advanced more with a motion sensing camera then what Nintendo is using. That is just my opinion. The Wii is selling well. I tried to buy one myself. I’m sure it has great games, but I’m just not a kid anymore.

Did anyone download the dancer that was posted Jan. 1? Back when I first got the Internet on a dial-up modem I downloaded a dancer. She danced around, but never got completely nude. Now that I think about it hmmm... I had to install the dancer and it was probably a virus. But mine isn’t a virus. It is just a Flash file so it is safe to download.

And I must mention again to email me if you want to work together on math or join the Wiki. It is still under development and needs members to construct it. The last 2 “Hunches” in the math section were not very complete, but the proposed many great ideas. The intention was to create projects for group projects and be something interesting everyone could learn from. That is why they are written words explaining ideas and not math formulas. The formulas will come latter.

But until the Wiki has 5000 members... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home