Saturday, July 23, 2005

Improving web design

Fifty Third Post: Improving web design

There are many things that I see on other sites that I want for my site. Not the content, I want the fancy interfaces, avatars, custom message boards, and graphical templates. These thinks can still be done with low bandwidth. Still the easiest way to enhance my site is Flash, and I have experimented a little with it. I tried to keep it for those of us still on dial-up can view it.

Knowing how to make those great graphics is one thing, but when combined with making a simple template, it takes a little know-how. These more advanced web elements can be learned in a school or shared on a message board. Some things have a smaller learning curve than others.

For now I am content with doing most of my formatting with tables and layers, but in the future I would like to expand with templates. I don’t know how easy the transformation would be, but that is why I have calculated-curves.com to experiment with new techinques. It is hard to keep a website cutting-edge. A single webmaster can evolve a site over time and share tips with others as the technology changes.

I still want to make my own avatar. It is pretty simple just to make a small graphic or animation clip. You must be creative though. Making an avatar is basically easy, but allowing your message board to use them takes some knowledge. If I do create an avatar I will post it on constructorscorner. Until then : “May the creative force be with you.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home