Sunday, July 17, 2005

The need for broadband everywhere

Forty Seventh Post: The need for broadband everywhere

The web is expanding everyday: Flash, 3D, video, Podcasts, games. All of which are making my connection seem slower and slow. Even shopping on Amazon is requiring faster speeds. It isn’t just what I can’t view on the web, it is what I can’t post to the web. I would like to get some sounds and maybe make something made in 3DS Max. I need an upload speed to play games which are increasing their online content.

Oddly enough, there is a fiber optic cable less than a forth of a mile from my house. I don’t know what it is used for. Almost everyone has cable and it should be mandatory for cable companies to offer cable modem.

Enough about brand-width, dial-up still has enough speed to communicate with. (for now) I will be posting a math problem in the next week and it will change the way you think about a circle. Plus you’ll be able to see it even if you have dial-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home