Thursday, July 14, 2005

Searching for an answer to a problem that could be impossible

Forty Forth Post: Searching for an answer to a problem that could be impossible

I have been working on a basic algebra math problem that I should have solved in about 5 minutes, but I still don’t have a solution. It could be that I am on the wrong path trying to solve a problem that could be impossible, but after all the time I have spent working on it, I still think I have a “little discovery.” That is if I can solve it.

I don’t want to reveal my math problem just yet. I will reveal it when I have exhausted my tries for a solution. My problem deals with simple substitution. I just have to find two different equations that describe the variables differently so that I don’t run into x = y or 0 = 0. I’ve got to reveal the properties of a square.

Here I’m trying to build some suspense for the solution. The only problem is that I have to find it. When I finally post the problem to my site you will see how simple, yet interesting it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home