Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Post: Updates

Two Hundred Nineteenth Post: Updates

I still haven’t got my MakeShift solution on Constructor’s Corner yet. It will be there in the next few days hopefully. I am also going to test a VTM (video training module) made with Cam Studio. I have never used the software before so this should be interesting. Also, the math lesson I will be teaching might not work. But as always I will need some feedback.

What is the math problem? It is just a simple geometry problem that should take less than 5 minutes to explain. It is simple yet thought provoking.

I’ve found a excellent book on fantasy art called “Drawing and Painting Fantasy Figures” by Finlay Cowan. It is what “How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way” is to comics as it is to fantasy art. I’ve had the book for awhile, but only skimmed through it. I want to start drawing more this year and this is the place to start. As I have learned from the Kubert’s books and website, to learn to draw you find an artist you like and practice from his style. It just gets the student to learn the right techniques and proportions. Eventually the student develops a style of its own and is a skilled drawer.

But until we find that little discovery hidden in the simplest parts of geometry... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home