Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Area of a Circle

Two Hundred Sixty Eighth Post: Area of a Circle

This is sort of how the math journal would be formatted. A little math and then some unproven theories to work on. Well we know that we have the radius of the circle and it is in the form of a parabola we can know use the area of the parabola to find a new way of finding the area of the circle. I do not guarantee we will find one, simple, useful equation, but if we use the definite integral using calculus, we should have another way to see pi*R^2 . Simply put another way to see the area.

The beauty of this all is that it may not work. I’m not exactly sure what the area of the parabola would yield. That is going to take some work. I just have a hunch there is a meaning to this area even though I’m not sure what exactly that is yet. So try for yourself and see where the question leads.

I’m working on little ideas like this now. But if me and you, my fellow constructors, could put together a journal we’d have hundreds of little problems and theories. The idea this is based on is that more good ideas shared within a community will lead to exponentially more good ideas. And maybe we will even find some great ones.

The only technical considerations are installing the Wiki and finding a way to write in math symbols. I have also seen a program called LaTeX that puts equations into graphical form. It may take some time building this from scratch, but even if we started with 3 people we could have a great project. But until I see you at the message board... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home