Friday, February 24, 2006

Contests

Two Hundred Seventieth Post: Contests

I recently made honorable mention in MakeZine 04. I had hoped to get most creative, but I bet the competition was good. I haven’t seen the other entries yet. But thinking of contest. I may hold my own at Constructor’s Corner. The one problem is prizes. My prizes will be small, but worth competing in the contest. With the MakeZine contest I was competing for a shirt and a flash memory Swiss Army knife. Not the biggest prize. However sometimes a contest is more about fun and seeing what you can make other than a prize.

But contests are just one area. We need participation in the message board, voting, and a math journal if one is made. Again I thank everyone who has sent me a little message or posted on the boards. But, we need more participation if we are going to do any projects over the Net. If my statistics are correct we are getting the visits. So at the very least vote and let me know if the math problem makes sense or if math isn’t your area of expertise.

Well I am still using dial-up, but the cable contract expires next month and our township should get cable modem within a year. If not maybe satellite will have come down in price. I need broadband now! Now!

So if you get any ideas about the contest email me or post on the boards. But until I get broadband... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home