Friday, March 31, 2006

Spring Yard Work

Three Hundred Fifth Post: Spring Yard Work

This is day two of my spring work. Today I was arranging bricks in the yard. I got a good deal on some castle blocks and stacked then in the yard. But one thing also happened today as it does every spring: It started to rain. I think the forecast has it raining all this week except Sunday. So I’ll have to work around it to get my spring projects done.

One benefit of yard work other than the job it does is exercise. No other way can someone exercise all the different muscles and all while being occupied with completing a task. The exercise is so subtle the worker doesn’t pay as much attention to the effort as they would on a treadmill or other piece of exercise equipment.

It is harder to stay in shape. However, now food manufactures are now producing healthier foods. It is long over due. If someone doesn’t watch what they eat, the choices in most of foods wasn’t health. Exercise was definitely a factor, but what can you do considering most food choices were unhealthy?

I’ll share my exercise routine. I walk on the treadmill ever other day for 20 to 30 minutes averaging 3.1 mph. It may not seem that fast but a steady pace over time really gets the body working. So far that is the extent of my exercise. I sometimes do pushups or lift dumbbells. I am going to add an exercise bike to have more resistance and work different muscle fibers.

I am no expert at exercise, but I used to be in pretty good shape. When you read a magazine like “Men’s Fitness” you see those men who have the cut bodies and are really in shape. Once you read the article, they claim to work out only 20 minutes 3 to 5 times a week. That is true. A little exercise goes a long way. Another way to workout faster is to work the muscle till muscle failure. It is a fast way to finish a workout and really work the body.

But until the rain stops so I can work on my projects... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home