Sunday, April 16, 2006

Selling a Domain Name

Three Hundred Twenty First Post: Selling a Domain Name

I have 3 domain names. The cost to register is $30 each. The domain name is short and descriptive, but I have no use for it. It is http://www.all4tek.com/ . It is nice name, so I decided to check what domain names are sold on E-bay. Sellers are selling junk email names, but no one seems to be buying. I don’t blame them.

That is part of the reason domain names come with a fee. Not only does it support the system, it stops squatters from buying up all the cool names. For example Make magazine had to settle for www.makezine.com , because make.com was taken but not used.

On another note, I exercised using a recumbent cycle as I surfed the web today. These things seem to give little resistance, but after a short time has passed you feel it in your legs. Setting it were I could do something else like watch tv or surf the web made the time fly. I also use a treadmill for 20 to 30 minutes and it gets so boring. I know this is nothing new. Gyms have tv’s all over the place. On the bike typing was difficult. If there was a stand above the legs to put a laptop that would be sweet.

Anyway, I am wasting power. I need one of those bikes with a generator built in. DC motors can act as generators. With a little transmission, the gears could turn the generator.

Until you pedal faster than the windmill turns... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home