Sunday, July 24, 2005

Shrinking Site Content

Fifty Forth Post: Shrinking Site Content

I don’t know if this is a fact, but it seems the more I update constructors corner the less content it seems to have. I mean I spend hours updating it, I think it should have more content by now. I know that I lot of content is hidden within the links. Also it takes awhile to make graphics that supplement the content.

In September, Constructors Corner will be 2 years old. In the past year it has had about 14,600 visits. So it has been growing even if a slow rate. I started Constructors Corner so that I could share my projects and get feedback. I think of it as a way to publish and share my work. Let’s see what changes we can make for the new year. I always welcome feedback on the message board. So if anyone has any math or design problems to share please post them.

Here are some projects I want to study: cartoon strips, math in general, electrical circuits, and chemistry. The simple fact remains that you do not have to master a subject in order to add something new to it. Lots of discoveries were made by people who had no clue what they were doing. In the book “Engineering Design: A Day in the Life of Four Engineers,” the new engineers are given a task to complete because of the fact they don’t know enough about the project to know it is impossible. That way, they will have the best chance of discovering a new method. The group does not know what the learned methods are and as a result are not influenced by them. In the book they are attempting to design an electric car, but it refers to any design. Just something to note the next time you are trying to design something in an area that isn’t your expertise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home