Saturday, April 01, 2006

Slow Day

Three Hundred Sixth Post: Slow Day

I took a 3 hour nap today. It was probably from doing all the work yesterday. Anyways when I got up I was out of ideas. Well not completely out of ideas. I just didn’t have anything I felt like working on. One thing that I do have to work on is the message board. We need some topics of discussion in there. I also have to go through and delete some of the web bot messages. Constructor’s Corner has been quite fortunate not to have large amounts of spam. These messages can be overlooked.

It may take me a few days, but I want to create some topics. Once people start posting, the topics will create themselves and there should be a wide range of discussion. I will work on the message board and then see if a Wiki is needed.

Being out of ideas is the time one needs to work the hardest to get them back. It is sort of like putting off a research paper until a few days before it is due. You may be tired and out of ideas, but you have to push on because you have no choice but to finish the paper or fail. So the motivation is there. Then you discover how much easier the paper would have been if you had worked on it over the entire period of time. You also realize how much better you could have made the paper. Next time, if you learned your lesson you work on it earlier. If not, you will use the deadline as motivation to finish your paper once again.

But until you post a thread on the message board... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home