Monday, February 27, 2006

AutoCad / 3DS Max Integration

Two Hundred Seventy Third Post: AutoCad / 3DS Max Integration

I recently saw a post on 3dbuzz.com about starting an AutoCad forum. That would be nice. It isn’t easy to bring drawings from AutoCad to Max. I wish they would integrate a cad into the Max interface. I suppose they have with Viz. But when you talk about AutoCad, Mechanical Desktop, and Inventor, the price isn’t right. It is just too expensive even for small businesses. My instructors in school use to say that were they worked was 2 or 3 versions behind the current version the school was using because of the cost.

I think in the future cad and 3D will become more integrated at a cheaper price. Maybe someone will come up with an open source add on. But while we are still doing it the hard way, let’s not forget the nice 2d graphics from AutoCad to Flash. Remember that Flash was originally designed to do vector images. I use it all the time for math problems and diagrams.

I also found a free book on cryptography at: http://www.cacr.math.uwaterloo.ca/hac/ . As I stated before, I think my latest problem: “parabola key to circle” has possible applications in cryptography. However, I never studied the subject.

As for spraying cheese, I brought up the subject because this is the season that high school seniors get the “senior blues.” They slack off of their work, while they should be preparing for life after high school. I had the senior blues. Mine started in 11th grade. I would see how little work I could do and still get decent grades. Don’t do it. It just makes the adjustment to college that much harder. I had to catch up in math. In math especially, you see how much easier it is when you learned the fundamentals in high school. Of course there is plenty of time to catch up, it is just more than twice the work.

I also have done a little reading on Wiki’s. However I am not installing anything until I have decent instructions. It may not be hard, but there is a lot of work to find out how these things work. I also have another math problem beginning development, but it is classified. Actually it is just an idea that will probably be solved faster if I share it. But I want to add a new section on little problems. I have one problem that is ready. The only thing left to do is make a template. I am going to experiment with CSS and templates. I want the format simple so that the problems can be printed out on a printer. It is definitely something to watch the site for.

But until I post the problem for you to solve... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home