Sunday, February 26, 2006

Spraying Cheese

Two Hundred Seventy Second Post: Spraying Cheese

We all start out working somewhere when were young around 16 for some extra cash. It could be fast food, stocking shelves, or other, but the chances are whatever it is it is something hard for the amount of money it pays. We know starting or should have did the math, we aren’t going to make a lot of money for the work we do. Plus this job takes place after school when we had a long day. We’ll have to do twice as much work. Of course that wasn’t figured. The only thing thought about was getting some extra cash.

First let me start out by saying. I am against working after school. The reason I’ve been there and found out the hard way that extra curricular activities are more important. It just seems that with a job, school work gets neglected either due to time or schedule.

Let me tell my experience of working after school to explain further. I had gotten a job in the summer a month before school. The first day I found out what I had to do. The job was to spray clean machines that were used to make frozen pizzas. The area was about a 100 ft both directions both ways on a concrete floor. I would spray cheese, sauce, and pepperoni grease from the machines. It could take anywhere from an hour to 3 hours to spray, depending on how much work the factory workers put out.

I know I shouldn’t complain. A little hard work is good for you, but I hated it. I would take the steam jenny after sweeping up cheese and start with the pepperoni machine. Then it was onto the cheese conveyers to the sauce machine, to the cheese machine and then onto the oven. It just wore you out and covered you with stinky cheese.

Why I am telling you this story? The moral of the story is that school work is more important than any job you work to get spending cash. I was working all 5 school nights a week and got home usually 9:30 and because of this my school work suffered. I began to work a hard day at work and come home and leave my homework until next day’s study hall.

I will explain more in future posts. But until you clean the cheese from your boots... May the Creative Force be with You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home